Fresh Find Friday! Project HX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

racerxxx

Well, I went and bought another new project. I really wanted a single place trailer so I can just rip around with one ski if I want to and also so I can move these things around from the double to the single trailer. So I was watching this on craigslist for a bunch of weeks, finally saw the price drop for 9 to 7 bills, let it sit a few more weeks and finally got the urge to call on it. Went and looked at it today, threw the cat and offer (low) and came up a tad. Still far better deal on this then my XP. Came with a CLEAN OEM cover, battery that needs a charge, manual on CD. So this is going to get a mini makeover this winter. I'll do the lines, filters, carbs and check everything out and buff her out. The seat is smoked, and the rubber covers for the suspension seat are gacked up and it needs the shock boot. So in time I'll gather parts here and there. I'm done on the cash flow now and I found another sweet deal, not sure if it is still there or not but I could turn a profit on it in early summer for sure. So here is the new gem a 1995 HX. My B.I.L. had a new one in 95 and I loved that thing then one day he put it out for sale, basically he gave it away without asking me first. Since then I have always had a hankering for one. This deal was too good to pass up. Enjoy the pics and I'll update this thread once I start working on it.

94.jpg

1.jpg

95.jpg

1.jpg

96.jpg

Does that blizzard still run? I used to have one back in the early 90's, great doo for the time.

NICE! that riveted hood is one way to do it.

Guess what it needs--those damn purple block offs you so quickly snapped up last night! No worries, I'll make some at the shop from aluminum and powdercoat them.

Does that blizzard still run? I used to have one back in the early 90's, great doo for the time.

Got two Blizzard 5500's that run, a 80 Moto Ski Supersonic 340 liquid cooled, an 80 Yamaha SRX 440 (in the shop too, look close toward the front). I love me the vintage machines. I grew up riding around on the back of them at my parents farm.

Score!
Nice and simple 717.

Those shock boots are hard to come by I think.
This guy makes/sells them new at Bamafreeride

Nam add hx to our watch list for a 50 dollar hood.
:grouphug:

Edit: You need only upper or whole thing

on it, FL classifieds does not disappoint!

To the far reaches coast to coast

Edit: Right part 50 bucks. Looks like has repair

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seadoo-95-96-97-HX-720-hood-console-panell-1996-1995-GTI-GS-GSX-717-XP-/360511874858?hash=item53f02ea72a&item=360511874858&pt=Personal_Watercraft_Parts&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode mostly in northern ontario, Supersonic is a cool doo, my first was the 76 300 Nuvik, then 80 300 enticer, 5500 blizzard, SRV 540, and a polaris 600 tripple liquid, it blew up almost every time I rode it, had a citation in there somewhere too. Love those old machines, what a riot. Nice to see your still at it.

That oem cover is mint because the po never used it lol, the seat looks like the sun set it on fire, but as we know from you, we will see a nice rebuild with lots of pics

You guys are great! Just don't find anything too fast this project strapped me. I bought some finishing parts for the XP this week. Handle bar pad, single gauge hood, gotta stop procrastinating on my seat, although now I think I'm gonna have to get the M-Line just to save $50 bucks over the Jettrim. A sacrifice I'm willing to make since I really like the Mline and was torn between the two.

Ha Ha I couldn't wait, 10 minutes of work with the Naptha the main ingredient in Ronsonol fluid buy WAY cheaper from Lowe's!

98.jpg

You guys are great! Just don't find anything too fast this project strapped me.
Naptha the main ingredient in Ronsonol fluid buy WAY cheaper from Lowe's!

Nam cancel the alert until further notice
:toetap05:

What isle? Paint department?

Ha Ha I couldn't wait, 10 minutes of work with the Naptha the main ingredient in Ronsonol fluid buy WAY cheaper from Lowe's!

good to know, the only thing i was able to figure out that worked was wd40, and then I still had to rub it off with a rag

Nam cancel the alert until further notice
:toetap05:

What isle? Paint department?

Listen I don't want to upset you guys with the parts search but my azz is broke. I'm waiting for some nintendo crap to sell on ebay just to get a couple of extra ducketts in my wallet.

Yes in the paint department. $8 bucks for a quart (32 oz's) Ronsonol fluid is $8 bucks for a 8 oz container! Naptha is the main ingredient in Zippo and Ronsonol fluid. My buddy set me up with the economic edition!

99.jpg

Listen I don't want to upset you guys with the parts search but my azz is broke. I'm waiting for some nintendo crap to sell on ebay just to get a couple of extra ducketts in my wallet.

Yes in the paint department. $8 bucks for a quart (32 oz's) Ronsonol fluid is $8 bucks for a 8 oz container! Naptha is the main ingredient in Zippo and Ronsonol fluid. My buddy set me up with the economic edition!

99.jpg
What does this is do?
What would you use it for?
I have a nic name for your HX Racer. Frankin Doo, because of the hood LOL.

Sweet just saved me a couple-o-bucks! This cover had some pitting in it and it just "melted" it away. You need to look at the correct angle to actually see the low spot, but it is mostly blended. Now I hope I can work the magic on the pivot covers that are purple rubber. A few spots look like something got a bit hungry on.

Before the Naptha treatment:

98.jpg

After the Naptha treatment:

100.jpg

how does it feel now? does it still leave that nasty residue like the grab handles do?

I have a 96 with black trim and a nice black hood top thingie. I also have a very nice vintage jettrim seat for sale...

Im hitting up Lowes tomorrow, thanks for the tip. I have heard of the zippo fluid trick but never tried it because none ever posted pics of the results

Last year about this time i picked up a hx for $350 it had a freshly rebuilt motor, never even ran after rebuild. Too bad you didnt get this before black friday so you could of picked up some cheap mats. Ok well i have 2 of those caps for the hood if you want them you can just have them, they were painted black. Also you may not need them. Your mpem is the same as all 95 model except the 800xp and 587 models, so you can install those gauges to work on it. Thats what i did and thats why i have these extra caps. The 95 xp had the multi functional gauge, so that gauge shows fuel,oil sensor, heat sensor, only down side to adding it is you would need to get a fuel baffle from a gtx because its longer and you will need the sending unit, an oil sensor, and then some wiring from the e box but i think i may know someone that can hook you up with that stuff. I could also just give you the oil sensor, and the extra wiring you will need. I have a couple 95 xp ebox that are gutted but the harnesses are still there.

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

The only thing i could not find to get rid of the purple was the knee pad area. You can fimd them but rare, they are on the 96 hx

Nice pick up Triplex. I've never even touched or tried to ride one but I do know how to make that 717 go faster. I don't think you will be disappointed with that Mline seat. Every one I've seen has looked cool and colorful.

My location is the only reason a don't have a fleet of vintage sleds. I had my own Polaris before I moved from Mich at 8. I ebay'd an old sled engine and rigged it up in a 1969 amphibious 6x6 just to get a fix. I've got another old Chapparel twin laying around waiting on an idea. Sorry to get off topic, just wanted you to know this Fl boy appreciates those old sleds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back