Forum Organization

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JoeZ

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Hey All,
If you haven't noticed, we've moved the forums around a bit. Now there are separate sections for 2-stroke and 4-stroke models for both Boats and PWCs. This should help keep topics more relevant when browsing the forum. Please let us know how you feel about the changes.

Thanks,
Joe Z
SDF Admin

Well.......... three things come to mind.

1) even during the summer, there probably isn't enough traffic to really need it.
2) People cant figure out that an XP isn't a boat... so I think there will be a bunch of miss categorized posts.
3) Not all help is engine related, so I think we will get a bunch of posts that could help both groups, but they won't look because it's not their engine type. So, we will get more double posts.

Now... on the side of people like me helping. I think things may go unanswered when it gets busy, because of the extra sections take more time to look though. (questions may get missed)

I guess it's really not a big deal, and we will just have to see how it works out... but I think the way this BBS is organized was a perfect level of separation.

Why change what works ???

Just my 2 cents.

OK... with all that said... I guess I should go check out the changes, and see what they look like.

OK... I don't dislike the new format in the PWC section. But, in the boat section, you need to pull the "General", and the "Problem solving" sections (like with the PWC) Since this will lead to confusion, and miss placed posts. Also... since you are splitting categories by engine type... with the boats, you need to make it in 3 sections.

1) 4-Tech
2) Rotax 2-stroke
3) Mercury 2-Stroke

The Merc section would actually be beneficial, since all the Merc questions will be in one convenient place.

I actually prefer it the old way. There are a lot of general boat questions that don't matter which engine you have,. Someone may post in the 2 stroke section a question that is general and might miss out on some good responses because others might only read the 4 stroke section....I say dont fix what works. But at the same time, I am a major creature of habit and hate change.

A good example...The thread posted in the PWC 2 stroke section about seat cover replacement. The type of engine means nothing. The person is asking about seat covers. So someone who might be able to help a lot may not see the question if they only browse the 4 stroke section.

I read pretty much all the new posts everyday by clicking the new posts link. I think most regulars here do the same thing. It is the new people and people who only post occasionally that will miss out.

Hey Guys, the move is still in progress in the boat section, and should be finished soon. The PWC section is complete.

This change is to arrange the forum in a manner that makes a little more sense with where Sea-Doo is heading. The previous organization was confusing, as indicated by the numerous threads in the wrong section. We feel this will help with that.

While it is true that certain threads are relevant in both forums, the overall change will see more good than negative in the long run.

If you don't like browsing multiple sections, there is always the "View new posts" link located in the "quick links" on the top tool bar.

http://www.seadooforum.com/search.php?do=getdaily

The new format is killer. It is much easier to navigate. The true test will be in season.

Karl

We need warmer weather everywhere...can we have that too? :rofl:

Karl

Sure, we'll get started working on that now...but it's a large project and will take us a little while. You should start seeing results in a couple months. Stay tuned! ;)

Sure, we'll get started working on that now...but it's a large project and will take us a little while. You should start seeing results in a couple months. Stay tuned! ;)

Yep... we should be at 63 for Fri. Thanks. (at least all the snow will melt)

I have a 2003 Bombardier. I sucked a rope up into the intake. I took the "cage" off the intake, cut the rope out and it looks like I am good to go. My question is,,,,, The "cage" appeared to have a rubber seal like material. Do I need to seal it back and if so,,, with what?
Thanks

You prolly wont get an answer in here. you need to post a new thread asking a question in the correct forum area.

Forum Changes

Where it is written Seadoo Pwc and Seadoo Boats at the start of each section,why not a small image of each section with an arrow pointing downward.
Sea-doo Pwc Image image image etc.
The image may be a silluette of a pwc with 2str or 4str witten over it.
Off course keep the written part but it may help wrong postings.
My 5 cents worth(we are on a metric system) :)

Hey Crisso...that's a good idea. Unfortunately, the design of vbulletin makes it extremely difficult to do this. We will look into it, however.

Back