First full day out on the water and it ran great!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm Bay Chuck

My Y2K 1800 is running well. It seems to be a little hesitent to start when warm, but two or three flicks of the ignition get it going. It's very sensitive to weight distribution in the boat. I have a family of giants (6'4", 250 pound children) and any of them shifting seems to make the boat want to go in a different direction. But I'll get used to that.

This boat is fun!7-12-2014 6-59-12 PM.jpg7-12-2014 6-59-33 PM.jpg7-12-2014 7-00-30 PM.jpg

With out a doubt.
A great day on the water is better than a day at the office.

I think your year challenger comes with the mercury engine.
DrHonda is your best resource for info if you have a problem.

He has already provided me with much good advice.

The next thing I'm going to do is figure out how to clean it up a bit. I've read that great care must be taken. I guess it's not as simple as spraying it with Gunk and hosing it down!

Now.... I need to get comfortable enough with it to take it out my inlet. Lobster mini-season is coming up and my 12 year old son is going to complete his open water dive certification next Friday. We have a very nasty inlet here (Sebastian Inlet in Central Florida). I got out of it with my friends 16" Boston Whaler and we do okay, but he is a much more seasoned skipper than I am.

Congrats on the day out.

The hard starting when warm, is normal when it's hot and humid. Run your bilge fan for a minute or two first... and make sure your battery is good, and you shouldn't have an issue.

Now... as far as getting it out into open water... be careful with that. The 18' seadoo isn't a deep, or tall hull... and it can take water on very easy. BUT... with that said... it can take that water better than most. I've seen guys "Sub" that hull... and the passenger compartment is dang near full... and it will still float. But, before going out there... make sure your bilge pump is working. AND... it's not a bad idea to mount a second one, just to get that water out faster.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back