Faint double click

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a solinoid for $30.00, SeaDoo original part, NIB, on a famous online auction site.

Sorry I can't give more info., against forum rules.

Lou

laynard or solinoid

im thinking that it could be the laynard or the connector to it. I've now lost the double beep again. same as yesterday --- worked fine in the morning and then stopped as soon as it was in the sun.?? seems very odd but i have done nothing to it since the last time it was working. :confused:

Lanyard Post

Try cleaning the lanyard and post, use soap and water, maybe something slightly abrasive on the post, like a scotch bright pad.

Lou

:confused: third time try'en to clean both the lanyard and connector and still nothing :confused: I'm at a loss. think its time for a break from it. thanx for all your help. if you think of anything else please let me know :cheers:

Right now I wouldn't know what to tell you except to see if a dealer could reprogram the DSS, which I know is not practical for you.

I'll think about it too. You may get some help from another member.

Lou

thanks Loustrau

appriciate all the time and help. was able to eliminate other possibilities so thats a positive. a few steps closer to figur'en whats go'en on.

Anyone with any ideas

Tried the laynard at 7 am got two beeps with no turn over. Tried just now and no beeps. could it be something expanding during the warmth of the day?? Its been this way since thrusday when i last had it out. :confused::confused:

Solenoid

Hi,

I've been thinking about your problem, a bad solenoid could be causing both problems. If the solenoid was just partially engaging it could be causing a high resistance back to ground causing weak current on your electrical system.

I think you're right to go ahead and replace the solenoid first.

Lou

a little condensation??

i was thinking that the only time i get the double beep is first thing in the morning and that this could be from the moisture in the air, a little condensation acting as a conductor then, when in mid day it gets warmer it drys up and no more beeps. Sounds plausible??

Good morning guys.

Good thread, and good thoughts.

First... the beeping this is just a dead beeper. It's very common for the older skis. The "two clicks" is the beeper trying to work. Either way... that's a good sign. That tells me your MPEM and tether switch are working.

Did you replace the solenoid yet?

You can pull the small plug off of the solenoid, and hook a meter to the 2 wires... then hit the start button. You should see voltage. If you do... it's definitely the solenoid.

turning over but

well the solenoid got it turning over but i still cant get it to run. holding down the start button it wants to go but i get nothing. bad gas possibly? i topped it off with new gas, fresh batery, new spark plugs. Any ideas thanx

Its a fact gas goes thru a chemical change after 3-4 weeks. Then only use is to
dispose of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back