Faint double click

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPEED18

Faint double click and no turn over

97 xp will not turnover. Had it out for a test run on thursday everything was fine untill i did a couple of 180's with it and had some water get into the front. Noticed the the seal had shunk about an inch. Let every thing dry out and tried it on friday and nothing.
I am getting a very faint 2 beep sound more like a double click. Replaced all the fuses including the the 15 amp thats with the starter n cellinoid. Got the double beep to work but that was it. Ran to the hardware shop to grab some electrical contact cleaner. Cleaned the connections where there was a bit of corrosion. Now i've lost the double beep and the faint double click is all i get. is there anything else i should be looking at??

Last edited by a moderator:
Battery?

Check the battery, leave it on trickle charge overnight. Also you still could have corrosion on the battery cables that you can't see. But check the battery first.

Lou

connector

just ckecked the solenoid it is working could it be the starter? is their a way to check if it is working? Checked the battery it is fully charged. Cleaned the cables still does not work.

Medic!!!!! We have a seadoo down

Yesterday morning i was getting two beeps then after awhile nothing. This morning once again i am getting two beeps . Laaynard on the fritze?? :confused::confused:
Pressed the start 5 times withoout the laynard and got 1 short and one longer beep. Any ideas??

Will it start?

So will the ski start now?

If not try taking the spark plugs out, ground the boots, try to start and see if water comes out the spark plug holes.

Lou

There is a grounding strip at the front of the engine, it's orange plastic, with two protrusions, ground the spark plug boot there.

Lou

grounding

there are two metal protrusions that seems to fit the boots. they are on top of the housing that holds the selinoid and starter would thios be it
:confused:

I'm not sure mine is located on top of the magnito cover.

If you can't find the grounding posts, just tie up the spark plug boots so they don't arc to anything. The grounding posts are there for safety reasons, so the boots don't arc causing gas to ignite.

Lou

took the spark plugs out, grounded the boots --still nothing

took the spark plugs out, grounded the boots --still nothing
next lol

At the rear of the engine there is a plastic cover that covers the drive shaft, etc. Loosen the two wing nuts, remove the cover. With the spark plugs removed, try turning the flywheel by hand. Does it turn freely?

Lou

No !!!!!

NO that's not it.

There's a molded gray plastic cover right in front of the bellows. It covers the flywheel and drive shaft. Loosen the two wingnuts close to the engine.

Remove the cover (shield). See if you can turn the flywheel by hand.

Lou

Good News

O.K. that's good news. I thought your engine might be siezed.

The bad news, it's probably your starter.

There are a few things you could try to be sure. Jump your ski to another vehicle battery. MAKE SURE THE OTHER VEHICLE IS NOT RUNNING.

Try to start the ski. If it won't turn over, try shorting the solinoid contacts, if the ski turns over its the solinoid, or battery. If it doesn't its the starter.

If you need a new starter do NOT buy a $50.00 starter on EBay. Either buy a used one or preferably rebuild the one you have. A rebuild kit is $30-40.

Lou

cleaned

i tried that yesterday and when i tested the solinoid it did jump . used a screw driver from red to red and it did turn over. this means it is the solinoid.
yesterday i noticed the connector that goes into the solenoid was kind of rusty, i cleaned most of it out ( i think) but can the connector just be replaced or does the solenoid need to be replaced as well?? If so can it be bought from a hardware store say where youd get one for your truck or or does it have to be a seadoo specific part??

Starter Solenoid

Just looked up the solenoid, its about $35.00, I don't think the plug you are talking about comes with it. If you can find the plug at an auto parts store go ahead and get a new one.

I looked at the schematic, if you can jump the two contacts, where the starter switch plugs in (not the battery to starter posts), and the solinoid is good it should start. If it doesn't its the solinoid.

Lou

solinoid

is the solinoid specfic to seadoo or can it be picked up at an auto store? I'm searching around for the answere to that question right now

thank you

thank you so much for your help. I'm going to try and locate one asap it prob be a pain , there no dealer ships where i live so i might have to order one on line. I'll let you know how it works out. Once again thanks for your time :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back