Factory Islandia Rear seat supports 204610749 sun deck mounts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI....

I know September Personally, and she is a trustworthy person. You shouldn't worry about ordering anything from her.

Update: May 2020- I still have several of these left.

I believe that I have found replacement seat mounts. I had to order several of them in order to get set up as a buyer/dealer. I don’t want to try and invent some other way to fix mine. As soon as they come in and I verify that they work and fit, I will let everyone know.

Edit: I am posting pictures of the supports. These are the correct size (not like one I posted in my install below)

abf07a816653c565f8adbf7d402474f8.jpg
1d28c28f69abcfb51c42859f35f929df.jpg
2fc3e5393e7edc81d11891b2bc8701d8.jpggood evening, I need 2 , can you send me PM. Thank you!

One support came in :cuss:. They told me They have an order minimum!
anyway. . . It is the correct length but the diameter is smaller. We shall see if that matters in longevity that is IF I can get it mounted. They sent me this one by mistake. The correct ones are on their way.

View attachment 27319

Since the diameter of the new support bracket is smaller, the new seat bracket do not match the existing bracket holes in the seat. These brackets are screwed into p/n 20410002 Tee-Nut 1/4"- 20 which I am assuming is behind the strong backing material of the seat whether its wood or plastic. We cut the brackets off the old one and reassembled it to the new one using a 1/4 dia x 1.5" bolt (should have used 1.25"), 4 nylon 1/8" washer (to make up the space difference. So this should bolt to the existing holes in the seat. . . easy breezy (cross fingers).

View attachment 27318

Mounting the small bracket to the hull is another story. I'm still working on that. Originally there was a stud that came UP from the bottom that is not accessible on the center seat. Pop Rivets are out as an option at this point because they would have to be 1" long. We already tried 3/16" grabber pop rivets and they are to short. I'm off to Fastenal to get some coarse thread SS screws in a couple diameters to see what works best. Will report back.

View attachment 27320

View attachment 27321
@Patty

Update: May 2020- I still have several of these left.

I believe that I have found replacement seat mounts. I had to order several of them in order to get set up as a buyer/dealer. I don’t want to try and invent some other way to fix mine. As soon as they come in and I verify that they work and fit, I will let everyone know.

Edit: I am posting pictures of the supports. These are the correct size (not like one I posted in my install below)

abf07a816653c565f8adbf7d402474f8.jpg
1d28c28f69abcfb51c42859f35f929df.jpg
2fc3e5393e7edc81d11891b2bc8701d8.jpg

I am looking for three if you still have any by chance, or if you could point me in the right direction
I think I may have 2 or 3. I’m home for the next 2 hours. Shoot me an email to @gmail.com. I’ll leave me email address here for 24 hours then I’ll remove it so I don’t get bombarded with spam.

Last edited:
Fellow Islandia Owners,

I strongly suggest that while your seat back are still operating correctly that you remove them and drill out the riveted pin at the bottom and replace it with a clevis pin. I have attached pictures of what I have done. The clevis pin I used is a 1/4” diameter pin two inches long but cut off at the end so that it will still slip out of the available opening to the side of the bracket when needed. If the seat support freezes up in the down position (mine did, and it sounds from this forum that it is a common problem with this bracket on the Islandia because the aluminum bracket corrodes and freezes up), then you will want an easily removable pin to enable the bracket to be disconnected and the seat back raised to repair or replace the bracket. Trying to remove or cut the riveted pin while the seat is frozen in the down position is a real challenge. Avoid that scenario. Do some proactive work to alleviate a cussing scenario. This installation design is an oversight by the Bombardier engineers. As a mechanical engineer myself, oversights like that sometimes happen.

Attachments

• 7758A53E-965E-4F60-9D0C-1D123B628849.jpeg
    7758A53E-965E-4F60-9D0C-1D123B628849.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 10
Just an FYI....

I know September Personally, and she is a trustworthy person. You shouldn't worry about ordering anything from her.
Is this thread still active? I don’t see a place for new people to post. I have someone searching this thread.

I also need 2 in Canada. Maybe we could use the same distributor as SeptemberC and share however many we need to order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back