Ever had it so hot you didn't want to take the boat out?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
Our normal temp this time of year is maybe 88 high with at least 1 or 2 days of rain a week. I guess this El Nino system is bringing in some dryer hotter air, because we have had 96-103 temps for 4 weeks now with no rain. Grass is trying to die, despite all my watering, and there is a 1" gap between our slab and the dirt around it.

It is so hot, we don't even want to go out on the boat and ski or hang out on the water.

Anyone else having this problem?

We haven't taken the boat out for 5 weeks due to the heat.

Sad story, isnt it...:ack:

You breaking my heart..............:rofl:

We had a couple days her around 13c (or 55f) this week. Well into July and the furnace is still running in the house.:ack:

Aaron:cheers:

Ain't that the truth, Aaron. We are all of high 70's and 80's. I haven't even put away my jackets and sweatshirts. Why bother...it is middle of July!!!:reddevil:

Ha:rofl:You think your'e hot? Try living in Dubai, Last week we had 2 days at 125 and the average here is now about115 plus 60-80% humidity. Gotta be careful with the seat belt. Buckle will give you 3rd degree bloody burns! Wont even look at my boat until about end Oct.

i really want some weather like that in MN. this summer has been so up and down. mostly down. only had one decent heat wave that was like only 90 degrees for a few days

Even when it does hit the 90s or triples round here the water is still around 70 on the warmer side. So u won't hear us northerners complain its too hot to boat.

I was up to mullet lake last week and I swear the water was still 60*.

Our water temps are currently 90.1 F so it isn't even refreshing to hop out of the 98 degree air into the water. (Think about this...late at night when it dips down to the low 70s, when you want to take a refreshing dip with your significant other, the water is 20 degrees HOTTER than the air!)

We tried to go last weekend but the starter seized on me at the ramp. Got a new one on order, and hopefully in the water weekend after next.

Willing to endure the heat and hot water just for a couple minutes on the wakeboard...:reddevil:

Last edited by a moderator:
The water temp here is in the 90's too. Air is running about 94* on average with 100% humidity...so it feels like 104*. Good thing the beer is still cold. :ack: :rofl:

:cheers:
Karl

That is part of the problem...beer warms up too fast.

Can't drink a can before it is too warm.....:ack:

Too hot to be out on the water? There's a new product called sunscreen. Buy some, follow the directions, launch your boat, get in the water when you need refreshing. Repeat as desired. What is the alternative, sitting at home in the A/C watching TV?

Too hot to be out on the water? There's a new product called sunscreen. Buy some, follow the directions, launch your boat, get in the water when you need refreshing. Repeat as desired. What is the alternative, sitting at home in the A/C watching TV?

I'm with scoop on this one. 90* water is not refreshing. I'm not saying I take cold showers but I can't stand hot tubs. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the max limit you are aloud to have a public hot tub 102*? If we had 90 degree lakes round here they would be so overwhelmed with people bathing you wouldn't be able to put your ski in the water. HAHA.

I like it when it's 96*+...if I'm not sweating somethings wrong...and I'm moving south for some heat. :ack: :rofl:

Karl

Hot!!

Currently in Monterrey Mexico working for a couple of days and it was 108 today. I grabbed the hand rail and burnt my hand. I think I need a hug...no a cold beer!!!

Back