Engine starter no crank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mackb61

2013 RXP-X with 1 hour on hourmeter. Press Start/Stop button electronics wake up. Readout seems normal. Insert key, 2 beeps. Press Start/Stop button nothing happens. 15 to 30 seconds later one long beep. Disconnected and then reconnected battery to give ecu a cold boot. No help. Where should I be looking for problem?​

Last edited by a moderator:
2013 RXP-X with 1 hour on hourmeter. Press Start/Stop button electronics wake up. Readout seems normal. Insert key, 2 beeps. Press Start/Stop button nothing happens. 15 to 30 seconds later one long beep. Disconnected and then reconnected battery to give ecu a cold boot. No help. Where should I be looking for problem?​

Of course this should be repaired for free based on your year/hours...

But,,, sounds to me that your solenoid has failed.

You can try/check two things to confirm this. There is a small (I think yellow or it has a yellow stripe on it) wire that goes to the solenoid, (There is also one small black which is the ground and two large red wires which are the battery and starter wires).
Put the key on, wait for the two beeps, press the start/stop button and see if you get voltage at the yellow wire. If you do, the MPEM and DESS and all that are good. This voltage SHOULD activate the solenoid.

You can jump across the two large red wires at the solenoid and the engine should crank. In fact it will start if you have the key in place.

So, if you get voltage the solenoid is defective with one possible exception. A poor connection issue...

Trouble shot unit this weekend. Took voltmeter and measured battery voltage. Meter reads 10.2 Vdc. I'm really surprised that the ecu would even function. Anyway, dealer replaced battery and checked charging circuit. Problem solved.

Trouble shot unit this weekend. Took voltmeter and measured battery voltage. Meter reads 10.2 Vdc. I'm really surprised that the ecu would even function. Anyway, dealer replaced battery and checked charging circuit. Problem solved.

10.5 volts is the magic number for the MPEM. It stops working but the engine can still crank in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back