1996 seadoo gti no beep no crank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

snaproar

I have a 1996 seadoo gti 717, i get no beeps when key is on post, no crank, no start no spark. Checked and replaced the harness. If i hit the start button once the oil light comes on for 33 seconds but no beeps. Replaced mpem with aftermarket no dess mpem and still no beeps and no crank. Tested post, fuses, all wirings and grounds, engine turns freely when its bridged out.

check to see if you have power to the solenoid when you hit the start button. you may have a faulty beeper and faulty solenoid. i am assuming you have a strong battery.....do not boost these skis. the Mpems are sensitive to surges.

check to see if you have power to the solenoid when you hit the start button. you may have a faulty beeper and faulty solenoid. i am assuming you have a strong battery.....do not boost these skis. the Mpems are sensitive to surges.
I put in a new beeper. Theres no power at the solenoid when i hit the start button.

Is that a dess post model or kill switch? Have you/Can you test those?
It has the dess post, i tested it from the correct wires to the round metal ring and the one ontop and it checks out like it says it should, i also got another dess post woth also correct readings and tested that on the ski but it didnt make a difference.

just making sure i understand.....when you check for 12v on the solenoid(when you hit the switch), you are testing the small thin wires....yes?

Did you really clean /sand your grounds? If so, then all that remains is the mpem, fuses, continuity of the wires from the mpem to the solenoid At least that’s all I can think of

Yes, it could be the dess key or post, even though it checks out correctly. If you have another post that you know is good, don’t have to install it, just plug it in and try it, and if you get the same results, try a different key. Those aftermarket mpem's are not key specific, any key will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back