2010 RXTX260 stuck "reading key" and engine light after 5 seconds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

leitht

Ski ran fine a couple weeks ago when I had it out. Today I went to go out and hit the start button to wake up the ECU. As usual waited for the gauges to sweep and complete the boot. When the "reading key" message began I pushed on the key but did not hear the 2 beeps. This sometimes happens however, so I hit the start button anyway.

The weird thing is the ski started but the "reading key" message was still scrolling. None of the gauges were working. Then I noticed the check engine light.

After some additional troubleshooting, I determined that by hitting the start button from the off state, the gauges do their boot up, then the "reading key". After about 5 seconds the check engine light comes one. The ski will sit in this mode until it eventually times out after a couple minutes and goes back to sleep. However, If I insert the key and hit the start button it will start as noted above.

My thought is the DESS post, but how is it recognizing the key to start but not recognizing the key to stop the "reading key"?
Would a bad DESS post cause a check engine light?
I tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes then trying again... no change. Does it need a longer disconnect time?

I read on the forum about checking the trouble codes. Hit SEL 5 times with nothing (maybe older skis). Hit the MODE button then picked DISPLAY. It only shows CLOCK, RPM, and one other thing. No trouble code selection.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Tim

我也说和你一样遇见同样的问题,请问你解决了吗,因为我已经关闭dess,我用buds连接显示ecu通讯错误

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back