2016 WakePro Reading Key

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

AdamG

Looking to the experts for some help. 2016 WakePRO. Just purchased so I know little about the history of the ski. Problem-When I hit the SS button with the lanyard off, gauges go through their normal cycle. When I hook up the lanyard, I hear a buzzing noise. There are no beeps when I hook the lanyard up and the display constantly says "Reading Key". The ski will still start and run but it is constantly giving me the "Reading Key" message. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Try to isolate where the buzzing noise is coming from, sounds like previous owner might have cracked the security system.

The reading key message staying on is a fairly common problem. Have you tried another key? Are you pressing start and then immediately putting the key on firmly? Don't wait for it to do the start up cycle. How long does it stay on after running? Can be bad key, bad dess post, corroded wire, bad ecu. Is it a saltwater ski?

Is the buzzing noise the fuel pump? Some kind of buzz, most hum loudly.

Wanted to give an update on this. The gauge cluster was bad and causing all sorts of problems. It was also throwing overheating codes on the engine. Replaced the gauge cluster and all is well now. Thanks for the replies.

I brought it to a dealership and they diagnosed it. I guess Seadoo's have to have their gauge clusters married to the ECU. It was throwing a code saying the 2 were not communicating. Luckily the $700 gauge fixed it.

Back