Engine Restirictions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ratchetdu

Hello,

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, but ive searched and cant come up with anything???

So, im thinking about buying a jet boat- challenger or speedster (pref challenger) but am worried about the new laws/ tabled motions for the restriction of the 2 stroke engine on certain lakes. I will be using it primarily on Lake Mead, NV and Lake Havasu, AZ. I was just in Tahoe this weekend, and heard some talk about the restrictions there!! When i researched more about it, everything seems rather vague. Any information anyone could shed on this would be appreciated. I saw something about boats made after 2001 wouldnt be affected as much and meet most of these standards, but unfortunately im looking at '97-2000 to stay closer to my price range. I would hate to buy a nice toy only to be told i cant use it any longer...

The best suggestion is call you local DEP,( Department of Environmental Protection) and ask them what the new changes are and when they go in effect in your ridding area.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back