Engine Issues. Please Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

95SPEEDSTER

I have a twin engine 95 speedster. I have been having trouble getting one engine to fire up even though it turns over fine. I did a compression test and it is good. So I figure maybe it is not getting fuel. So I put a little gas in each cylinder and sure enough it fires up. Furthermore, it runs great once it is fired up. But once shut down. It needs fuel in the cylinder again to restart. What do you think the issue is. I'm considering the fuel pump and carburetor, but I don't know. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

mine was a long time ago, but i have had both carbs of and cleaned them as the butterfly's were sticking.

i emptied a full battery yesterday trying to start mine, the plugs were damp but not wet no matter how much i played with the throttle

thanks

Thanks for the input guys. I will clean my carburetors. I'm no technician, I don't even know where they are. I think I have to remove my breather boxes to get to them. Anyone know where I can access diagrams of that stuff??? thanks.

Thanks for the input guys. I will clean my carburetors. I'm no technician, I don't even know where they are. I think I have to remove my breather boxes to get to them. Anyone know where I can access diagrams of that stuff??? thanks.

yeah, remove the breather box, and carb/s under there. You can use the "parts" tab to explode the pic of carb, and see what/where each piece is, and if you get stuck on re-install'n things.

right, i have a 96 speedster, one engine runs sweet, the other was running then just died and will not restart unless fuel is poored into the cylinders. it has good compression and spark. i am guessing that the carb is blocked. i am going to order a set of carb rebuild kits and do both engine, then also clean the Rave valves.

will let you know what happens, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back