Engine Compartment Spray

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
What kind of lubricant or protectant gets sprayed in the engine compartment? I am trying to do good maintenance on these skis and would like to use the correct products. The engine fog looks to me like Corrosion X that we use on aircraft which is extremely safe and non conductive. You can even spray it on wires. That would probably be a good product to spray on the engine. I always have plenty of that around. I think I am gonna spray the external drive train with that for sure. Good Stuff. What are you guys using??

I use Klotz FogOn inside the engine and WD-40 on the outside. I also don't ride salt water.

From one plane nut to another corrosion x will work fine if you can tolerate the smell lol
I use regular fogging oil in spray can all the time on everything in the engine bay.

Wd40 I hear is hydroscopic, as in will attract moisture. But good as a cleaner though.

Last edited:
From one plane nut to another corrosion x will work fine if you can tolerate the smell lol
I use regular fogging oil in spray can all the time on everything. In the engine bay.

Wd40 I hear is hydroscopic, as in will attract moisture. But good as a cleaner though.

I think you heard wrong. WD-40 was specifically made to displace moisture, its name is literally Water Displacement test number 40. That’s why it’s a poor lubricant actually.

Your right. Researched a bit more about it and it does a good job at displacing water and cleaning.
I always used something heavier if I needed to store something bare metal though.

Yep Mekanix.... WD 40 is OK but doesn't last long if parts are prone to corrosion. When I sprayed the fogging oil it looked like Corrosion X to me. Then again, Corrosion X isn't cheap either. :) If it floats or flies... it's gonna cost EXTRA . :)

What about silicone spray?

Everyone has a preference, I use Liquid Wrench Silicon Spray, about $4.50 a can goes a long ways, it's safe and effective. I personally like silicon spray because it has no smell and won't discolor or harm the new clear vinyl lines running everywhere.

Last edited:
What kind of lubricant or protectant gets sprayed in the engine compartment? I am trying to do good maintenance on these skis and would like to use the correct products. The engine fog looks to me like Corrosion X that we use on aircraft which is extremely safe and non conductive. You can even spray it on wires. That would probably be a good product to spray on the engine. I always have plenty of that around. I think I am gonna spray the external drive train with that for sure. Good Stuff. What are you guys using??

Seadoo manual (maintenance section) recommends a Silicon Spray.

Turkey blood? you've got expensive taste there Sqrl!

I personally use fogging oil or storage spray from canadian tire. I'm sure there are lots of variants. Works well and washes off after a while. I just reapply every time I shut it down for a week. Same stuff I would use inside the engine.

Ah.... a year later and my search turned up my old thread. Gonna get me some lubricant for the engine compartment. Corrosion X is difficult to beat but I think I"m gonna hit up the local Seadoo dealer and try their wares. The stuff I've been using attracts dust and dirt... makes the engine compartment ..... Ugly.

I always been happy with crc’s 656. I have used it on every Seadoo I have had over the years and every engine always looked brand new with no corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back