2020 GTI Starting issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Lheben

I have a 2020 GTI with only 79hrs on it. At he close of 2022 intermittent starting appeared. The ski was winterized and garaged. This year I installed a new battery & solenoid. Now it won't start at all, no juice to the battery. If I jump the new solenoid she turns right over. So, I changed the relay in the fuse housing, same problem.

The engine compartment looks brand new inside. The ski wasn't used for wake jumping and the engine compartment was always sprayed with SeeDoo anti-corrosion spray so salt is not an issue. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

Correction: There's equal juice from the battery to the solenoid and starter when using a meter. Everything reads 12.5 volts.

Does the ski wake up when you press the start/stop switch?
Yes, display comes alive. Nothing happens after waiting a few seconds and pressing the starter button. Again, new relay, solenoid, and battery. Jump the solenoid and she turns over.

Well, after getting back into it again it was a defective OE solenoid I installed. It also could have been swapped by someone else and returned. Thank you for the help!

Back