Engine beep and shut down

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkShex

On the maiden voyage of my '03 Islandia I got engine beeping after about 20 minutes of running then when returning to dock the engine shut down. It allowed me to idle slowly back to dock slowly. I hope I didn't cause any damage. I tried to let it rest but the engine did not return back to full power after sitting for 15 minutes. I'm not sure if its cooling properly; The water from the bypass was pretty hot but not too hot to touch. Also, none of the gauges are working but that is a separate issue, or is it? Any suggestion on what to check? Thanks!

Generally speaking, you really need the dash stuff to work. This is what will tell you what's happening and what is wrong in the event of an issue. Right now you have no clues as to if you have any codes or not. You really need to solve the dash issue before anything else it you may increase the odds of seriously damaging the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently, the dash has tach, speed, fuel w/oil light. Not too much feedback. How do I know if a smartcraft gauge will be compatible with this 2003 merc? On the existing panel, I need to recheck the fuses but what else should I be checking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back