Electrical Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

davem

I just tried to start my Seadoo GTX 4tec to warm it up to change the oil for the beginning of the season and nothing. No beep, lights or any sounds. I check the battery and it is giving off a charge. If the battery is low will the ski not even beep or light the gauges up? I cleaned the terminals and checked the fuses. It worked great last season. THis is the first year I am trying to do the annual maintenance myself. I really do not want to pay the dealer $300 to change the oil and spark plugs

No matter the issue you will ultimately need a battery with a good charge. Put the battery on a trickle charge and give it a minimum of 24 hours.

I'm betting you will be good to go.

All components have a minimum voltage they will operate on. I would speculate you are not pushing enough volts or amps to even operate the beeper.

Do NOT jump start the ski from a running vehicle. You CAN jump from a vehicle that is not running.

No matter the issue you will ultimately need a battery with a good charge. Put the battery on a trickle charge and give it a minimum of 24 hours.

I'm betting you will be good to go.

All components have a minimum voltage they will operate on. I would speculate you are not pushing enough volts or amps to even operate the beeper.

Do NOT jump start the ski from a running vehicle. You CAN jump from a vehicle that is not running.

This! I'm betting you have a near dead battery.

For some reason, our skis want all the volts they can get in regards to the OEM starters. And unfortunately, aftermarket starters are trash even when they are new in most cases...

Glad you got it going,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back