ECM Issue?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Martin

Premium Member
Premium Member
2000 Islandia suddenly stopped running. Both the Fuel primer pump and the Vapor Separator fuel pump no longer pump with the key on. Both run if supplied a ground. Ran the pump tests as well a validated continuity to ECM via pin 2, which suggest the ECM has finally let go. 2 questions:

1. Are there any other tests I should run before assuming the ECM is bad?
2. Does anyone know of a shop that repair and ECM or if one is available aftermarket?

Thanks,

Scott

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 6.16.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 6.16.38 PM.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 4
2000 Islandia suddenly stopped running. Both the Fuel primer pump and the Vapor Separator fuel pump no longer pump with the key on. Both run if supplied a ground. Ran the pump tests as well a validated continuity to ECM via pin 2, which suggest the ECM has finally let go. 2 questions:

2. Does anyone know of a shop that repair and ECM or if one is available aftermarket?

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks,

Scott

A little good news--
The ECMs are pretty robust and seldom fail.

As you found, when supplied with ground connection, pumps work. Check all your ground wires. There are several. No green connections allowed. How did the connections inside the round ECM connector look?

The only aftermarket co. that I have heard of is Brucatto (sp?). They can test your ECM and repair if required. The ECM is potted with resin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back