eBay Fails

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rebuilt 717" translation = used, dirty, 787 crank with the PTO still on so not even new seals.

I wish ebay had a "you idiot!" button so we could flag stupid stuff.

OEM 97-05 SeaDoo XP 947 GS GSX GTi RX Handle Grips | eBay
e1d8a36dec4451d17fd3d3a2c99bb068.jpg

So has anybody figured out why people list this junk? Obviously nobody is going to buy it so is there something where the more you list of eBay the more you get or something?

I think it just shows you who is selling this stuff in a lot of cases. Sometimes it's an integrity issue but most of the time it's plain stupidity.

What I think it is is all these salvage yards hire all these people to take stuff apart and list them not knowing anything about what they are doing. Both with the part, and what actually sells on ebay. I find it pretty hilarious.

So has anybody figured out why people list this junk? Obviously nobody is going to buy it so is there something where the more you list of eBay the more you get or something?

Likely for the same reason people root through my recycling bin for beer cans. Some people just can't let go of the idea of something for free and no matter how many times you tell them they spent $5 dollars in gas to pick up 50 cents in cans, they can't help themselves. I find it sad really.

More context: I have all kinds of electronics, car parts, etc., I could put up on eBay (and I do once in a while when it's really something worth posting) but I learned a long time ago work is work. I can put 20 minutes into my consulting business at $300/hr or I can put that same time into chasing $15 for a used remote control. Some people prefer the latter because it's "free money".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back