Drain tube under drivers seat....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meach

Ive been scratching my head and staring at the back of my 97 Speedster trying to find a good location to drill the hole to run the transducer cable from the back stern area. I noticed there is a one inch or so white plastic drain tube that runs from under the drivers seat at the floor level to an exit point high on the stern. There has to be a good reason im missing cause it seems too easy why couldnt or shouldnt i run the cable through the drain tube?

Thanks
Mark

Because you need that drain tube... and the scupper valve that is on the transom. You need that drain working for safety. If you get water over the bow... it needs to drain out. If it doesn't... you may sink. If you let it drain into the bilge... you will flood the engine. (and then sink) If the scupper valve doesn't work... you will get water in the foot well, every time you stop. (that's normally just an annoyance)

Just find a place to mount the transducer, and drill a couple holes. It's not the end of the world. OR... mount it internal, and accept the loss of resolution.

If you go on youtube... and look for "seadoo Submarine" vids... you will see guys who almost fill the boat with water... but since the inside of the hull is full of air... as long as the engine is running, and the boat is moving forward... the water will drain out the back, and you are OK. (and it's fun to do. LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back