Another oil level “level” post

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

qtrmiler347

Have a 2017 RXT 300. Read numerous posts on how oil level goes up when warm, most say put it at the half way full mark on the dipstick. Now, I put a level on the 3 coil packs to determine “engine level.” Some say use the rub rail to simulate the way it floats. I don’t think the factory addresses any of these questions, nor any differences between cold and warm on the dipstick. I am wondering if, at 8000 RPM’s on an extended top end run, what oil level does the sump get low due to drain-back drag on the oil? At what level cold on the dipstick keeps oil from getting slung into the intake side and eventually end up in the intercooler? Is there a cold level on the dipstick (such as 1/4 the way or lower?) could represent a dangerous low level under high RPM usage? Has everybody beat the shit out of their skis at the half way full mark and that’s the magic spot for engine safety and minimal oil in the intake?

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 07.28.41.png
That's right out of your BRP Operators Guide, there is no mention of "halfway" its "between the FULL and ADD marks so if you feel the halfway point is wrong for you, run it anywhere in between 1 and 2.

Anything higher than halfway when cold and you will have reduced performance meaning lower top end and rpms. Most run just above the low line on the 300s.

Back