Does a 2009 RXT 255 IS have an internal or external intercooler?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious if someone knows if the 2009 RXT 255 IS had an external or internal intercooler?
Recently picked one up. Has stickers for performance on the unit but I took it as stock. As you know on this ski there is not a whole lot to see engine wise unless I remove the entire top. I did notice an external intercooler in the very back when the back storage compartments were removed. I know the earlier 4 techs had an internal intercooler. Just wanted to know so I have an idea if performance parts were added to this ski because I was planning to do a lot to it over the winter. If this cooler is aftermarket I may be taking the top of earlier to see what I have.

Yeah I just picked this one up for $4000. Had 100 hours even, and supercharger was just rebuilt with under an hour on it at time of purchase. Only problem with the IS model is you cannot see anything of the engine. There is only a small access panel for checking oil and plugs. My 2006 RXP had an internal intercooler and I knew when external ones were added they were aftermarket. Was just curious since I saw this cooler in the back if previous owner did any upgrades since I cannot see anything in the engine without taking the full top of the ski off. I have put 10 hours on the ski so far and I will admit it is a great ski.

I personally will never own a suspension Ski. Top heavy and a royal pain to work on. We have some members here that say ",,, it only takes 40 minutes to get the suspension off,,,". In 40 minutes I could have the engine out. LOL.

Most that have suspension skis do like them.

Yes, the 255, 260, and 300 HP Sea-Doo watercraft come equipped with an external intercooler. Beware of the high failure rate. It's a major reason why I sell so many replacement upgrades. Not only performance, but reliability.

Curious if someone knows if the 2009 RXT 255 IS had an external or internal intercooler?
Recently picked one up. Has stickers for performance on the unit but I took it as stock. As you know on this ski there is not a whole lot to see engine wise unless I remove the entire top. I did notice an external intercooler in the very back when the back storage compartments were removed. I know the earlier 4 techs had an internal intercooler. Just wanted to know so I have an idea if performance parts were added to this ski because I was planning to do a lot to it over the winter. If this cooler is aftermarket I may be taking the top of earlier to see what I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back