Die Hard Gold AGM batteries on sale at sears auto

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strizzo

So the nEver Start in the 97xp died doo email dead in te middle of the lake yesterday on the way back to the ramp, had to be towed back. Odd because the battery in the gtx took a dump on Friday despite working fine a few weeks ago and having been on the battery tender all winter. That one was a nearly new yuasa. I had swapped another battery I had in te garage into it to run this weekend, but it was also a nEver Start and was somewhat suspect.

So today I head over to the sears auto around the corner to get at least one new battery. I figured it was time to pony up for a sealed AGM battery so I picked up the correct battery and headed to the counter. Guy asks "is that all you need?" so I half jokingly ask "it says $115 on the shelf, what kind of discount can I get if I buy two?" he scans the box and says, "those aren't 115, I can sell it to you for 63.04." I said well for that price I'll take two.

Long story short it was 126 plus tax, excise and core, I have two new batteries resting after putting the acid in. After we get back from errands I'll put them on the charger for a couple hours and then install. I don't knOw the details on the sale or how long it runs but if you're in the market for a new battery it's worth a call to the local sears auto.

well i installed both batteries and i have to say the AGM batteries are well worth the investment. even with a rebuilt OEM starter, the battery in the xp still had trouble turning the 787 over even when brand new. i've never seen it turn over this fast, i'm thoroughly impressed. in other news i pulled the OEM mats off the gtx and installed the blacktip mats that have been sitting since the black friday sale last thanksgiving.

well i guess i learn something every day..
i've bought at least 7 agm batteries over the past 4 years or so for various ski projects, and i've never added acid once.

I was thinking the same thing!! I guess I learned something today as well. I did not know you could add any liquid to a sealed AGM battery

I can't find the 16l-bs that I bought, but the photo of this 20l-bs is what came in the package. i looked down the fill holes, and its not lead plates, it does actually have glass mats. anyways thats what comes in the box, the funnel has tubes that puncture the seal in the individual premeasured acid bottles. you put the acid in, let it sit and absorb the acid and bubble gasses for an hour, then slow charge for 2-5 hours. my charger shut off after about an hour and a half.

489.jpg

http://www.sears.com/diehard-gold-p...p-02844027000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

I was thinking the same thing!! I guess I learned something today as well. I did not know you could add any liquid to a sealed AGM battery

yeah i thought it would have been sealed, but once you put the caps on, there is no more adding, the instructions say the warranty is voided if you remove them. also i've read about you guys having to make a spacer out of wood so the battery is actually held in place with the factory rubber straps, these came with a spacer on the bottom so they are the same height as a conventional 16-clb conventional battery.

I just always buy from advanced auto. They are $89.99 but if you order online and pickup in store you will get 15% of and then a $25 gift card.

I may give one a try once my current ones stop working. I just use the regular lead acid ones. Never really had a problem.

i agree, even if there is a spill, and if you don't have the vent hose hooked up, it goes into the hull, which usually has some amount of water in it, which dilutes and neutralizes the already fairly weak acid. not exactly the end of the world. i never used to have any issues with batteries in my skis back in the day, but that was probably because they didn't sit more than a couple months between rides, even in the winter. usually we'd have to charge the battery for the first ride in the spring, but then it'd be fine the rest of the year. we had a 91 yamaha vxr for like 4 years and never changed the battery doing it this way. i thought i was doing it right by putting the skis on battery tenders over the winter, but it seems that either it was their time, or the tender took them out. hopefully these batteries last a bit longer than the previous two, which were maybe a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back