DI Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

wmshay6

My son is working on rebuilding a 2003 DI. He's got it running pretty good. Two questions- it runs fine all the way up to WOT and then has an occasional stutter while running at WOT. We are thinking fuel delivery issue, but it runs great otherwise. Would a faulty fuel regulator cause this? It doesn't stutter all the time, just occasionally, but always at WOT.

Second issue- and maybe related to the first question- front plug seems to be foulding pretty quickly. Oily and wet. Back plug seems normal.

Any DI experts? I know lots of people don't like them and they can be fussy. But he bought it, and we're close to having it running great.

Have you cleaned the injectors? Have you checked the fuel pressure? New plugs?

I'm no DI expert but most of the things I have read the issues was the injectors or the fuel pump....for fuel delivery issues. It could be a clogged injector. You could send the injectors to fuelinjectorman.com for a good cleaning and testing.

Did you remove the fuel canister and replace both filters in the fuel tank? I often wonder if anyone does this. These filters can deteriorate and break into small flakes. I'd send off all 4 injectors, fuel and air and have them cleaned. fuelinjectorman.com Good Luck !!

Back