DESS Key problems: 96 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

griffith1230

Sea Doo Friends,

I would appreciate your advice on a problem with my 96 XP. I pulled the ski out for the first time from winter with a few problems. I knew when I put it up I had a problem with a stripped shaft or PTO. When I first tried to get it to start it would not turn over. I came to find out that it had a bad solenoid. I have since replaced and did get it to turn over.

The problem now is that the ski will barely give me 2 beeps. Most of the time I put the lanyard on and get no response. I can try several times and sometimes get it to respond with 2 beeps. Most of the time, nothing. Any suggestions? I have had one person tell me that the posts do not usually go bad. Is it most likely the lanyard? I have had intermittent issues with it before, but not this bad.

If I do need a new lanyard, where is the best place to get one and get it programmed?

Thanks,
Jacob
Temple, GA

Does it crank even if it does not beep or beeps poorly?

If you need a key/lanyard, the best option is [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION]. Pretty sure it is $30 to do the programming and he has keys if you need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a pencil eraser and clean the inside of the key as well as the DESS post. It could be nothing more than a dirty connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be the lanyard or the post....Id usually say post...but Ive been running into more and more bad keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back