DESS issue on 2000 Sporster LE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

aklongmore

Brought my boat out of its winter hybernation. Dess lanyard will only chirp 2 times if i turn the battery off turn it back on then put the lanyard on the post wiggle it and it will chirp 2 times. Pull the lanyard put it back on wiggle it nothing. I have tried getting it in self diagnostic mode and it does nothing. It will only chirp twice if I turn off battery pull the lanyard turn on battery then put lanyard back on and wiggle it. I checked batteey 12.3 volts 12.3 volts @ the hot wire feeding the MEMP. OH and the chirp is faint. Why o Why is it doing this. I suspect bad wire connection somewhere i have pulled all the plugs checked them and all the fuses. All is good. Took it to the lake and it runs fine. I really dont want to go through this percidure every time to start my boat some one please shine some light on this.

When you put it on the second time and it does not chirp, can you start the boat anyway? If you can, your beeper is probably going bad. Easy to replace with a new one from Radio Shack.

If it does not start, try cleaning the ring on the Dess plug with a pencil eraser. If that doesn't work, you may have a problem with the MEMP. Turning off the battery is doing a reset on the computer.

No it will not start unless I reset the MEMP as you mention. I will try the eraser in the morning. I was wodering about the DESS post its self? Thanks for the reply Captsteve. Love the bouncing bosom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back