Deep cycle battery

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikiguya

Well it happened. Was out tubing when the battery quit. Good thing a friend had an extra battery. Made it home and have it on a charger. Going to have it checked out tomorrow. One question and request. First question, what brand or model do you recommend if I have to replace? What about Optima? Trojan? Sears? The current battery is about 6 years old. Second, can someone shoot me a picture of the negative hook up on their Utopia? There are 3 connectors and in the midst of changing battery, I don't remember how they were hooked up. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have dual Trojan's on my 210 Challenger and I have a lot of amplifier draw on them. I have a dual battery setup with an automatic charging relay that tops off the alternate battery that is not in use. I have used them for almost a year and they are awesome. I just cycle through when running the motors between both batteries to make sure they get charged.

If you don't mind spending the money Odyssey batteries are great. Mine have lasted longer then the optimas I've tried. My ski batteries are going on 6 years and I don't even trickle charge them. For the money Deka makes a decent motorsports battery also.

People seem to slam cheap batteries, but I've had good luck. I have 2 cheapo wal mart marine batteries that were $160 for BOTH. They are on their 4th season now. I can't complain about that. They say energizer on them. Personally, I just can't justify $200 for an optima. I can replace my cheap ones at least 3 times for that. On my current pattern, that would last at least 12 years. I don't see the optima lasting that long.

The last few auto batteries, I have had good luck with die hard. I have a part time gig at sears and after my discount they were cheaper than anywhere. That's probably what I'll put in the boat next.

I second the Walmart battery theory. It is the only battery to last on my motorcycle after going thru 3 $200 batteries. I have not used it in my boat yet but I have the deep cycle ones on my motorhome.......(3 years plus now).

Apparently, the battery gave out after 6 years. I meticulously trickle charge it every year. Oh well! I did some research and decided on the Sears Diehard Platinum battery. It was on sale. All indication is that it is the same as the Odyssey battery except for less cost and better warranty.

6 years is pretty good for a recreational toy battery. The die hard platinums are nice and you shouldn't have any issues.

Apparently, the battery gave out after 6 years. I meticulously trickle charge it every year. Oh well! I did some research and decided on the Sears Diehard Platinum battery. It was on sale. All indication is that it is the same as the Odyssey battery except for less cost and better warranty.

The Diehard is an alright battery but far from an Odyssey. Just weigh them or take one apart and look at the surface area of the plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back