Deck drain hole plug...?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

factory81

I need one of these because my boat doesn't have one. So when we sit and idle we take on water. What size are these and where can I find one?

Mine has a clear plastic "cup" with a hole facing downwards, and a ping-pong ball in it. Not sure if it was stock, but it works great.

When sitting still or slow, the ball floats up and plugs the hole (this is at the back of the boat in the water). Then if you get water in it, it pushes against the ball and comes out, like a one-way valve.

If you could find one, I bet it wouldn't cost more than $20-30...

Here it is...

West Marine online www.westmarine.com $15. They call it Flo-Max Ball Scupper.

27719_f.jpg

Does it come with instructions? How do I install this? I am at work now and the girlfriend picked one up for me while I am here so I am not sure if its an easy job or not.

My boat is in storage until tomorrow when we FINALLY get to take it out after over a month...

Otherwise I would tell you how it is installed and take a pic.

It should be pretty straightforward. You would need to remove whatever is there now, and this will either glue or screw (or both?) onto the back of the boat over the existing hole. The hole in the "cup" faces downward, and the ball floats up and plugs the hole in the hull when not draining.

If you get to where you are installing it, PM me and I will shoot you a pic.

I would guess that it comes with instructions.

I have a plastic piece already in there and its attached with some sealant. Do I have to sit and pull that piece away (it's on there good...), and put the flo max ball scupper in there? It will not fit in the white plastic piece currently in there.

I am trying to remove the original one and I am starting to chip my fiberglass taking it out. Is there any easier way to remove this? Its quite a pain in the a**, especially at like... 9:30 at night with bugs out and a wet boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, can't help you at this time. My boat is in storage about 40 miles away.

I plan on bringing it home tomorrow after a skiing and boating session and might be able to help then....:confused:

It will be late tomorrow afternoon...

I have a plastic piece already in there and its attached with some sealant. Do I have to sit and pull that piece away (it's on there good...), and put the flo max ball scupper in there? It will not fit in the white plastic piece currently in there.

I am trying to remove the original one and I am starting to chip my fiberglass taking it out. Is there any easier way to remove this? Its quite a pain in the ass, especially at like... 9:30 at night with bugs out and a wet boat.

You are removing too much. The only thing you need to remove are the small phillip head screws and remove the old scupper valve witch is a litle smaler than a drink coaster. The new ping pong type scupper can be bolted in its place useing same bolt holes. :cheers:

Dumb question...
Does this thing go inside the hull of the boat, or the rear where the water leaves? I've been trying to put it by the drivers foot....

Just replaced mine yesterday with a similar SeaDoo part, it goes in the back where the water drains out. There's a plastic disc with a rubber flap held in place by 4 phillips head screws. Remove the screws, pull off the old part and mount your new one cone out, opening facing down, attach it with the 4 oiginal screws.

wc145, what does that seadoo part look like, do you have a picture of it? Do you have the part #?

Thanks!
-Jesse

The scupper always goes at the rear of the boat. The only difference is the old scupper has a flap and not a ping pong ball. Its really basic...

Karl

I know, old thread... posted instructions with pictures (someone else's) in the SDSB wiki here

So head over there to see how it looks installed... Very easy to install, just 4 screws.

Yeah I was retarded. i was trying to pry the plastic piece that is in the interior of the boat (where the water goes in and drains out the back). I was trying to pry that thing off....didn't work haha.

Next morning my dad's like oh that goes on the back of the boat.......

sorry to bring up an old thread. but i just got my challenger and i have a factory scupper valve that looks like it has a black ball...it drains fine when at speed but when sitting at the dock if there are people in the bow then water comes flowing into the boat throgh the scupper valve. does it sound like if i chage the valve this should salve my problem. or because the boat is so samll and has such a small draft that when people are in the bow the front is slightly higher then the back and a new valve will not help anyway? my brother had a challenger 1800 and with that larger boat we never had this problem. thanks for the help

Valve?........

I had this same problem and what I ended up doing was going to Lowes and buying a PVC valve. I installed it in the middle at the engine compartment and kee it closed unless water gets in the boat. Then, I can open it and while running, the water drains.

There are aftermarket check valves you can buy but if you've read my posts, you know I'm an elcheapo and look for the McGyver ways around spending my money!...........

At least now, when I stop the boat to swim and everyone is on the back of the platform, the boat doesn't fill up with water!.........:rofl:

Oh, BTW, I have the 97 Challenger

I had this same problem and what I ended up doing was going to Lowes and buying a PVC valve. I installed it in the middle at the engine compartment and kee it closed unless water gets in the boat. Then, I can open it and while running, the water drains.

There are aftermarket check valves you can buy but if you've read my posts, you know I'm an elcheapo and look for the McGyver ways around spending my money!...........

At least now, when I stop the boat to swim and everyone is on the back of the platform, the boat doesn't fill up with water!.........:rofl:

Oh, BTW, I have the 97 Challenger

thanks that sounds like a good idea, i was thinking of getting somehting to plug the hole where it opens by the driver's foot but that sounds like an even better solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back