Crankcase seal bad

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerS

Memorial at the lake boat slow down and running rough with white smoke with bad odor
Fouling plugs in only 2 minutes of replacement,,, did it twice!
I’m guessing is causing by a bad crankcase seal or inner crank seal leaking oil into cylinders.
Any recommendation?
Can I pull engine out and do it myself? Or this type repair only can be done by a mechanic?
Or can I buy full crank assembly and replace?
Thanks guys.

Is there oil in the cylinders? Like oil flooded and spews it out if you crank with plugs out after sitting? If so it is bad inner crank seals ad you will have to split the cases and replace the crankshaft.

If it is just flooding out and smoking it is a carb issue or your oil pump has gone full flow from bad adjustment or broken cable.

Is there oil in the cylinders? Like oil flooded and spews it out if you crank with plugs out after sitting? If so it is bad inner crank seals ad you will have to split the cases and replace the crankshaft.

If it is just flooding out and smoking it is a carb issue or your oil pump has gone full flow from bad adjustment or broken cable.

That is this possibility of a broken cable or bad oil pump, i never tought of that, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back