Changed oil in 1999 GTX RFI - Now I have a couple of air bubbles I cannot get out

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan bennett

Previous owner used blue 2 stroke oil in the seadoo so I went and got the right stuff (I thought it would be yellow, but I have been assured by the store the red oil I received is correct). I siphoned out all the blue 2 stroke oil from the engine and thoroughly cleaned the oil tank. Now that I have installed 2 new 3/32" lines and a new oil filter, I am getting an air bubble stuck in the oil filter as well as the lower grommet hose going to the engine. Is the air bubble in the lower tank hose an issue and what is the best way to remove the air bubble from the oil filter? Bleeding the pump unfortunately had no affect and the lines will not come off due to pressure I'd assume. Hoping I do not have to siphon the tank, but I might just have to do that.

Attachments

• New Project (8).jpg
    New Project (8).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3370.jpg
    IMG_3370.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 12
Sometimes flicking the filter will get the air out but on stubborn ones I have had to pull the top hose off the filter to get rid of the air lock then immediately put the hose back on. Just make sure you put a rag down to catch the oil that leaks out.

And yes the Seadoo XPS full synthetic has been red for over 10 years now.

Thanks @mikidymac. I ended up removing the line going from the filter to the oil pump, held the open side of the filter up to let the oil push the air out and then let some oil fall into the hose going to the oil pump before putting it back on. One or two small bubbles came out when I bled the oil and it's good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back