Air In Oil Line

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ZoSoAir

New here....

I bought a 2001 Sea-Doo GTX a few weeks ago. Took it to the lake last weekend for a test burn and everything went ok. Started looking through everything and noticed some air in one of the oil lines going to the cylinders. I took the hose off of the cylinder and used a small plunger to try to pull the oil through the hose. It sucked air only, no oil. I took the hose completely off, cleaned it out (there was a little crud in it) and put it back on with a new ziptie. The hose is good, flexible and wasn't broken. After I connected the hose back onto the oil pump I again tried to use the plunder to pull oil through. This time I got a vacuum....

Not sure what I need to do next to get this checked. How do I get oil though this hose without actually running the machine?

Also.... Would it hurt to clean this up with a little carb cleaner after I get everything back together? See picture below.

Thanksimage0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Bleed the pump and then prime the pump. The procedure is in the service manual which is free online.

Last edited:
Do you prime the pump while the bleed screw is loose? Wouldn’t that suck in air?
No, open the bleed screw until it is just oil coming out, no air then close it.

Then prime the little hoses with the engine running and bleed screw CLOSED.

Here is how I did it. I opened the bleed screw until oil was coming out really well. Then closed it. Took the spark plug wires off and grounded them on the arrestors. I held the throttle wide open and cranked it for bout 5 seconds(ish), repeated with breaks in between to give starter a rest. This will do get all the air out unless you got a cracked line.

Back