Carbon Seal question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mac71

So I set us a wye that sprays water on my Carbon seal to keep it cool. Was heating it up to get ready for an oil change. I typically don’t run it out of water for more than like a minute so I doubt I ever did any damage to the seal. What I noticed was an ever so slight amount of water slinging off of the seal on the inside. Is that normal, it was a really small amount, But maybe anything is not good. I also have the telltale black line inside the hull which means that something is always slinging off, but that might be typical to every machine. Is it possible that the force from the spray was making its way through? If I’m not mistaken I would think that the whole tunnel area is under almost like a vacuum when the ski is running because of the pump pulling in so much water into the intake grate. The ski is a 2019 GTX 155 with 22 hours on it. Let me know what you think thanks.

Last edited:
Carbon seals are designed to run a short time without damage, some guys say a slight amount of spray is normal, mine has none at all , you might want to check for damage or see if the clamp is tight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back