Can someone please help me???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kabynhony

Premium Member
Premium Member
I was riding my boat today, 2001 sporster LE, everything was fine, then it stopped, tried to turn it on again, nothing, no sign at all, battery is fine < lights are working, fan also working.
Does someone had this problem before? I dont know where to start the check up.
Little help , Please!!!

see if you can turn it over by running a screwdriver over the starter relay posts. This will tell you if the starter is good or if your motor is seized.

the relay is in a black plastic box on the stern side of the engine bay. You will see the red battery cables go through this box.

I checked the temp. on the pistons and wasn't hot at all, do you think it can be seized? I changed the engine last year.

Yes< it was o neutral position< I am afraid the motor seized again. This will be nightmare .
Oh Boy!

You can remove the drive shaft and use the impeller removal tool try and crank over the engine with a ratchet or breaker bar. That will tell u if it has siezed.

I thought I had seized my engine as well this year after having the engine rebuilt last year. But the engine did turn over. It was my starter relay.

How many beeps when you plug in the DESS key? Do you get a beep to when going out of Neutral and back into Neutral?

The Starter relay will make a loud click when you hit the starter key, if no click then you should check why the starter solenoid is not getting a click. It could be the solenoid itself, but I was bit in the rear when I replaced the solenoid but it ended up being a faulty neutral switch. It would beep like it goes into neutral, then it would give me 4 beeps saying put it in neutral. I put a meter on the switch to test it, it was totally not acting like a switch but a variable resistor sort of.

Hi Guys, just tried to start the boat, the beep is beeping constantly, i moved the key and the motor turned for 2 seconds , tried again, and it is beeping and never stops if I keep pushing the start button.
what do you guys think?

Can you please show me where the start relay is located? Sorry, I am new with this boat. Thank you so much!!

if you are getting a beep then it sounds like your DESS post or key. Not a mechanical issue. Do a search for dess post and key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back