bypassing the fuel selector switch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

temosierra

Can some one tell me what can happen if I by pass the fuel selector? I am new at this, I have a 2001 gs seadoo it was running fine for 20 to 25 minutes , then took it to the shop and toll me that the gas lines were connected wrong so they pull them apart and toll me how to do it and I did it took it to the lake and did not want to start, so now it does start for a few minutes and then dies now I wanna see if is the fuel selector valve any suggestions.

On my limited mod 96xp i have the following.

From the fuel baffle i run a fuelline from the reserve stem all the way to the inlet on my remote fuel pump. The other line I run is the return line, once again i start at the fuel baffle where the stem labled ret and i run that line all the way back to the back of the pto carb. I put a nipple over the on stem on the fuel baffle and i vent a fuelline from the stem labled vent to the vent.
I found the best nipple for that on stem, i use a nipple off a new battery that is used for the vent tube.

I by pass the fuel bowl, and fuel selector. Also since i run on the reserve stem I have a longer stem in the fuel tank so there is less chance at fuel starvation when im flying around and such.

This setup you don't have to worry about an air leak in the fuel bowl and also the fuel selector drama with clogged up fittings.

It is good practice to put an inline fuel filter just before your stock fuel pump inlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Testing....?

I hate when someone goes to a dealer and gets this kinda treatment...

Heres what you do to test.

Using a mirror and flashlight, look at your fuel baffle, along the ring just under the nipples. You should see one of 4 words, om=n, res, vent, ret.

Get a short piece of 1/4" fuel line, about 5 feet in length. Connect it to either the on or res nipple. If you are unsure, when you connect it, blow through your line. You should hear it make bubbles. If it does not, then you are hooked to either the return or vent.

Once you have a line connected to a nipple that makes the bubbing sound, look at your carb. The line in the middle of that plate is your pulse line. There should be a small piece of hose connecting it from the carb to the engine block. That leaves two nipples on your carb, the inlet and return. If you use your mirror, you will see a direction arrow on that plate on where to hook it up. Your fuel line from the gas tank needs to connect to that bottom nipple of the carb, that's in. Now, the only line left is your return. It will come off the upper nipple and be returned to the fuel tank.

That's it, your ready to give it a try. You can not leave this permanent because you are by-passing your fuel filter. Not a big concern for temp trouble shooting though because you have another filter inside the carb.

All of these parts to your fuel system are marked. So, look closely with a bright flashlight and mirror and you will see them.........let me know how you come out.............................:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back