Bow Stop???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RFoster130

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have spent the last couple weeks replacing all the worn out crap on my trailer. Last year I did all new hubs, wheels, tires, the coupler, lights and all wiring. So far this year I have replaced the winch, jack and all chains. The only thing left is the nasty black rubber bow stop.

The one that is on there looks like the original. It is beat up and worn out. It is 4" wide and has the extra ends on the outside that are a little over an inch wide. Besides the fact it is worn out, I am tired of it leaving nasty black marks all over the front of the bow. I cant seem to find any replacement that is close to it. The only thing I can find is the yellow plastic roller type. They come with the new end bells. It is the same width but seems to be a lot beefier. Anyone ever switch to this type? It looks like it would work fine. It is a little harder being plastic instead of rubber so I just want to make sure I am not going to make more problems.

Here is a link to what I am looking at.

http://www.firstchoicemarine.com/sh...bow-roller-with-bells-4-yellow-rubber-11857-1

Rubber vs. Plastic

Just an observation. The description on the page you hotlinked says "rubber". I don't know if that helps your thought process. I can't give you any comparative opinions about what you have and what you're considering though. Sorry.

I ended up picking up one of these bigger yellow ones at Bass pro. Just gonna wait till the boat is off the trailer to put it on.

I prefer the rubber ones, the rubber once it gets old will leave marks though, the plastic and urethane ones when they get older will get hard as a rock, crack and fall apart. You can try different styles you just want to keep the bow centered and make sure it does not hit anything.

The one I ended up buying is yellow rubber. I figure it will give a little but not scuff the boat up like the black rubber did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back