bottom end rebuild? 2002 GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gman1103

Replaced the carb, all filters, all check valves and spark plugs--started great on the trailer
Took it to the ramp, started in the water went for 10 minutes or so and died--forgot to put in the drain plugs--no comments please

Pulled the spark plugs, got the ski going, starts great, still has good compression but will not go full speed, I guess the word is the ski bogs. Would water getting in the motor guess this and how do you tell that you need a bottom end rebuild?

Gary

Did you get all the water out of the hull?

I have a 2003 GTI that is exactly the same as yours and forgot to put my plugs in too. Yes it happens to the best of us. The ski looked fine on the anchor but I noticed the plugs bobbing up and down. It had been sitting for an hour like that so I pulled the seat and the water was only up to the middle of the starter. So unless it rolled over the water shouldn't be able to get into the engine.

As long as you ran it the water shouldn't cause the bogging you are describing.

When I had a leak in my hull recently the pto was shooting water up and my carbs were sucking it in. When I got all the water out it would bog as you described. I let it idle
For a few minutes and then it ran fine I'm guessing there was some water leftover in the carbs that was causing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back