2002 GTX RFI running on one cylinder

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
The top end bolts were very clean and paint no scratches whatsoever , strange.
Hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

When i got it back, i was going to take it directly to the river to try it, but something inside me told me to try at home with garden hose,
It ran ok, after 2 minutes i opened seats found the damn engine submerged in water , the hull full of water.
The discharge tube that connects to the two cylinders was off.
I had hard time connecting it back,
Ran it , everything was ok.
Took it to that river, cruised steady at 50km for 10min, was ok.
After that it started cutting like one cylinder firing , it didn’t stall, but engine shaking and no power.
Now what is loose 😒!!?!!!!!?

When i got it back, i was going to take it directly to the river to try it, but something inside me told me to try at home with garden hose,
It ran ok, after 2 minutes i opened seats found the damn engine submerged in water , the hull full of water.
The discharge tube that connects to the two cylinders was off.
I had hard time connecting it back,
Ran it , everything was ok.
Took it to that river, cruised steady at 50km for 10min, was ok.
After that it started cutting like one cylinder firing , it didn’t stall, but engine shaking and no power.
Now what is loose 😒!!?!!!!!?
This is terrible, I feel terrible and I can’t help but feeling partially responsible as I recommended them. I’m guessing that the compression is probably low in one cylinder again.,hopefully not but it does sound like it. It would only be a guess but I would consider having the injectors professionally tested and ultrasonically cleaned.

No no don’t miss understand me, Jim is a good mechanic, but should do a full check/testing teddy up wirings/tubings.
I hope that its just something loose.
It’s raining like hell here in Ottawa now.
Am planning to take it back to Jim tomorrow hopefully.

I agree 100 percent, if it’s the hose I’m thinking of It’s right there for easy viewing. I always look and check over my work at least twice before I button something up and won’t be able to access easily anymore. We are all just human so maybe my way of thinking is incorrect but the when I pay a professional to do work for me I do expect it to be done right. I do hope for your sake it’s something minor but if it’s the same piston that’s down again, then I would definitely insist that the root cause is found. I would be definitely be having the injectors looked at. Let us know how it goes

You won’t believe it, moisture in the gasoline, spoiled the spark plug , he added pure alcohol to the gas tank to absorb moisture, replaced the s-plugs, even they were new.
Ran like a charm,
I tried it here in Ottawa, full speed no issues.

You won’t believe it, moisture in the gasoline, spoiled the spark plug , he added pure alcohol to the gas tank to absorb moisture, replaced the s-plugs, even they were new.
Ran like a charm,
I tried it here in Ottawa, full speed no issues.
I’m glad you have it back running, I’m still worried, as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread it sounds nearly identical to the sdi snowmobile i had issues with. If you have so much as a sputter don’t keep driving it. And consider getting the injectors cleaned. If you don’t mind, let us know how it goes once you get it out for a ride. If we ever get some hot weather, this has been a cool year, summer was late coming and now August has been cool as well. 👍

I told Jim I used last time premium gas from Costco, he said just use regular gas,
Like i said earlier, I took it for a spin full speed at rideau river here in Manotick . No issues at all.
I’ll take it to ottawa river next weekend. And I’ll post the results .

Well I’m not trying to be disagreeable but I would definitely stick with the premium fuel especially when it’s getting near time for storage, they will run fine on regular octane fuel but the problem arises with storage of the regular. The regular gas contains ethanol which absorbs water right out of the air so regular is fine if your going to burn it all up within a short period of time. I used to be the guy that would say gas is gas till I ordered an ethanol tester and tested the regular, mid grade and supreme gasoline’s in our area. The supreme had no ethanol at all. I try to stick to Esso or Ultramar or Petro Canada. Anyways, don’t mean to go off on a rant, I’m nowva big believer in using supreme fuel in all my engines that don’t get run daily.

Yes last two winters I stored it with premium gas,
I’ll continue storing it with premium Fuel.

No, the RFI requires regular 87 octane. The only thing needed for storage is non Ethanol or some Marine Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer.

Back