Blacktip vs. Hydroturf

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikidymac

Staff member
So I know this has been posted before but I just wanted to share with others as my findings were a little bit different.

First of all this is highly subjective so I will clarify that this is just my opinion.

I have always used hydroturf but I am restoring a 1996 XP and funds are getting limited for this project so money is becoming an issue. I had read positive reviews for the Blacktip products and SBT even though I had ordered from SBT before and their carb kits and gasket sets were not the same quality as OEM or others. I decided to give them a try due to the lower price.

I just received my Blacktip seat cover and black cut-grooved mats today and this is what I observed....

The seat cover looks good and the vinyl appears to be of good grade for what it is. The seams are good and overall it is nice for the price.

The mats on the other hand are hard, the cut groove is not cut like the hydroturf and looks more molded to me and are of lesser quality. The hydroturf I have used in the past is softer, provides better traction and is better quality.

Given the chance to do it again I would never buy the Blacktip mats over the Hydroturf especially with the 15% discount from the site sponsor but I would buy another seat cover. It is not comparable to a JetTrim but for the price it is nice. With the shipping on the Blacktip and the added cost for the pressure sensitive adhesive and shipping on the Hydroturf you are only looking at about $15-$20 more. Do yourself a favor and get the hydroturf unless your budget is that tight. I will be installing the Blacktip mats because return shipping is just too much and I will report back on how they hold up.

Fully agreed...not a big fan of the BT. The dogbone is tolerable with booties on, but its no HT.

Yes the blacktip mats are harder but I just ripped off hydro turf mats off my spx because they were dry rot and dirty beyond cleaning. I have blacktip on my xp and they look as new as the day I put them on and it's been two years and I ride in salt. I got a new set of blacktip for the spx. Also the psa adhesive is very good.

Blacktip are def better than that stock junk though...lol I dont know what the heck seadoo was thinkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back