Bilge pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard wire to battery with auto float? Manual switch also? I don't see the need for manual. Thanks

Manual switch is good for the purpose of checking the motor operation, auto float switch type is my preference. I test my auto float switch periodically by flooding the bilge on purpose. And the float circuit should be wired to "always live" circuit somewhere.

These can even keep a boat from sinking while sitting on the trailer, especially useful for when the ski is left unattended or as you pointed out as an indicator of an unanticipated leak such as a busted hose or hole in the hull, for instance.

If you point the thru-hull fitting in an upward direction by some means, your ski can pee up into the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Manual switch is good for the purpose of checking the motor operation, auto float switch type is my preference. I test my auto float switch periodically by flooding the bilge on purpose. And the float circuit should be wired to "always live" circuit somewhere........

If you point the thru-hull fitting in an upward direction by some means, your ski can pee up into the air.

sportster, mine pumps out below the water line GSX, If I want to move it to above the water line what can use to plug the OEM hole from the old line? It's to the left of the pump on the side.

sportster, mine pumps out below the water line GSX, If I want to move it to above the water line what can use to plug the OEM hole from the old line? It's to the left of the pump on the side.

You might find a vinyl vacuum hose cap for the inside nipple, probably 3/4 depending on which bilge pump, most are 3/4.... Is your fitting made of PVC? Or shove a wine cork in the opening with some goop on it, that would give you a good reason to pop open a nice Pinot. Another option would be remove the fitting and glass the hole in, but then you get into cosmetics issues.

Caps like these are no worse than any through hull below the waterline:
http://www.mocap.com/plastic-caps-round-vinyl.html

Installing an bilge pump (some good ideas to consider) http://www.boatus.com/boattech/casey/installing-bilge-pump.asp

I bought a 45 degree bilge fitting like this, to replace my factory fitting, just reused the factory corrugated hose, standard duty bilge pump hose, pointed it up in the air:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BLOWSION-BILGE-FITTING-45-DEG-CLR04-03-038-04-03-038-BILGE-FITTING-45-DEG-CLR-/00/s/MjYwWDI2MA==/$%28KGrHqN,!ocFBY9N%29sH,BQdv8%29ec1g~~60_35.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Put Rule 1100 automatic in today. It's the first time I have used this type that has no float switch but instead pulses every 2.5 minutes and if it detects back pressure from water it runs until empty. Only concern is battery drain due to constant sensing I will keep an eye on it

Back in the day on my gsx, I removed the outlet and filled the hole with epoxy and installed it back in. I then moved the new outlet to the upper hull. It never leaked for 5 years and I am sure the new owner doesn't have a leak either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back