Bilge Pump in a 93 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCanada

Has anyone out there installed an electric bilge pump (eg Rule 500GPH) in a 93 XP (or similar) hull? I've been trying to fit one somewhere in mine, but I'll be damned if I can find a place for it to fit. I tried near the siphon bailers, but the channels in the bottom of the hull are too narrow, or too close to the PTO.

I'm thinking maybe in the back corner behind the waterbox is my next best option. It's not the lowest part of the hull, but at least it's something.

But yeah - if anyone has done it - pics would be great!

Last edited:
Nobody has, eh? Alright, here's one way:

Most suitable location - rear port side, directly behind the waterbox.

2018-06-18 22.47.59.jpg

I fashioned a small 'shelf' from some scrap UHMW plastic on the bandsaw.
2018-06-18 22.47.52.jpg

Cleaned up the area (so the adhesive will stick), and this is where it will go.

2018-06-18 23.00.19.jpg

A couple globs of PL Premium and it shows no signs of moving anywhere. Hopefully it stays put when pounding the waves...

2018-06-23 13.05.31.jpg

Point of no return - installing the through-hull fitting. Drilled in the rear of the craft, off-centre, high above the waterline. Could go anywhere that's convenient, really. Added a bead of silicone around it just because I had some. Can't hurt.

2018-06-23 13.10.41.jpg

Wiring is finished up on the pump end, hose attached. (Yes, I know those plastic corrugated hoses are crap, but it came in the kit, so I'll use it until it springs a leak.)

2018-06-23 13.52.48.jpg

Waterbox back in place, pump is all tucked away behind.

2018-06-23 13.56.15.jpg

Works quite well there, actually. Not the absolute lowest point in the hull, but a majority of the water does find it's way back there, especially when riding. This is an auto/manual pump, so I have a SPDT 3-position switch mounted up front so I can select 'auto', 'manual' or 'off'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back