98/99 xp’s bilge pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Tabaker123

Hi all! I have been working on a friends 98 and 99 xp’s. They both have bilge pumps but neither work. Do these also have a siphon pump or is the electric bilge necessary on these? Found zero info in service manual. Thank for any help!!

According to the parts diagram they both have the bailer system when the ski is running. That is as long as it is still there and hooked up correcty.

Thanks for the reply. I will try again to find it on the parts diagrams. The pumps look oem so surely they wouldn’t remove the bailer pump. Thanks again.

IS there any sort of electric bilge pump even on these...or just the standard auto-bailer? I had one that got clogged with june bugs...somehow.
June bugs for goodness sake! Not even sure how they got in there...

These both have electric pumps. Looks like they came new on the skis. The pump is controlled by the computer but not sure on when they would run or if they also have a float. I have seen electric bilge kits you can buy for these.
Here is a link to a kit.
Bilge Pump Kit - Sea-Doo

The 98+ XP's have an automatic electric bilge pump AND the siphon bailers.
If the electric pump is working you will hear it cycle when you install the lanyard.

Back