Beeps.Ski is good 98GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

crisso

Through this forum,I have worked out my ski is running very well.Thank you to all.The beeps are 2 secs every minute.= low fuel.I can lift the front hatch and see if I do not have fuel.Is there a way to bypass this fuel sender that wont affect the other warnings on the ski.98GTX.I hope there is a way.Thanks again

Yes, you can unplug at the senson and put a wire jumper, but then your gauge
will allways read full. HTH

after you unplug the connector, put a jumper wire on the gauge side between the 2 terminals to short them together and it will read full but no more annoying beeps.

if you leave it unplugged, it will continue to read empty.

Gentlemen.Thankyou for your info.It will be SOOOOO good to get rid of the buzzer.Like I said.I can lift the front hatch to check the fuel level:)

yes, it will continue to beep. it beeps whenever the resistance level is 90 ohms or higher which an open circuit is infinity which is higher.

the fuel level baffle is a simple resistance circuit where 0 ohms reads full and 90 ohms reads empty with a linear scale between these points.

repairing the fuel baffle can usually be done fairly easily and may just be a faulty float or the F1 fuse may need replaced. do a search on here, I'm sure it's described in detail.

Beeper

ski-dOO is correct, if you unplug the sending unit it will still beep unless you install a jumper.
DAWG

beeps

I will do all you guys said.With the ohms readings descibed,I now know how and why the gauge works.Thank you.It puts to rest my concerns about overiding other warning beeps.With this done.I'am going for a ride.Hope you all have a good day

Beeps

To all concerned.Ty TY TY.I disconnected the sensor,put in a jumper,sealed all things up and the road runner is dead.(no beep beep).tank reads full as was posted,but I can live with that.Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back