New owner flushing question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke

I'm really sorry to flood the forum with all these newbie questions but here's another one. I was performing the after run flushing using the manual. It says to flush it for approximately 3 minutes at a "fast idle, about 3500 RPM". How do you achieve this "fast idle"? I have no tach, so I have no idea what 3500 RPM sounds like either. It also says to spray Bombardier Lube into the air intake silencer plug for 1 minute. Like, does that mean spray it for a continual literal one minute? Also, is there any alternative to Bombardier Lube, like WD-40? New to all this, so I'm trying to see what suitable alternatives may be that I already have lying around the garage.

Does everyone do the full post-op procedure from the manual every time y'all ride or is this a weekly or monthly thing?

Thanks for all the help. I know this is an old ski, but I'd like to enjoy it for a while and keep it up while I do.

Nuke

I persponally flush my ski every third or fourth outing. I use it in clean fresh lake or river water. I never fog the engine unless I am looking at putting it away for the season. I flush it at idle speed only. I might blip the throttle a few times. But I don't hold it steady at 3500. I never let it go 3 minutes either. I would be somewhere between 1-2 minutes. Keep in mind here is no cooling on the driveline parts whether it be the carbon seal or carrier seal (whichever you have). I was surprised how fast they seem to heat up.

But that is is me. And a look of depends on where you use the ski. Salt water then flush every time.

Also I would never use wd40 in my engine. But I dont use seadoo brand either. I just used the regular brand fogging oil from my local auto parts store.

Last edited:
Thanks. I had never heard of "fogging oil" but I know what to look for now. I don't live near salt water, everything we have here is fresh/brackish river or fresh lake water. I'll stick to a 1-2 minute flush like I had assumed and do the major flush/fog when I'm ready to put it up for the winter.

When putting away for the winter, follow the water flush with draining out the water. The more water you get out the less anti freeze you need to put in.

I pinch off the inlet and flush lines and then apply compressed air to the CSI fitting at the top of the exhaust. That will push the water out through the low point drain line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back