Battery question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanchese

How long do these batteries last on a seadoo?
For replacement is it better to go with a different battery?

Thanks

They last longer if you keep them on a battery maintainer over the winter months (so the charge doesn't drop on them). Something like a Battery Tender or Battery Tender Jr (~$26 delivered on Ebay). If you just let the battery sit for several months the voltage will drop in them and this causes damage to the cells shortening the life of the battery. Also if you live in an area where it get's REALLY cold during the wintertime it's best to pull the battery out and store it (again on a maintainer) in an interior closet or garage or some place warm... extreme cold also kills these batteries!

Mine's going on 3 years now and still starts the engine easily, but I keep it on a Battery Tender Jr most of the time.

- Michael

What he said...

I also do the battery tender. I hook up both batteries on one tender. You go from tender to positive, then from positive to positive. Then for the negative side, you go to the further away negative and then from negative to negative. This is in "parallel but forcing equal charge due to going from one close and one further terminal via the tender.

Basically, if you went to the near terminal from the tender in both cases it could affect the second battery if there was an issue with the first battery.

For me, I normally get 4-years out of my batteries. Granted, I'm from Ohio so the ride time is less and I use the tender in the winter time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back