Battery Light Flashing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

canadabob

Hi all:

A new problem ...I'm hoping for some guidance.

The boat is a 2008 180 Challenger SE with only 20 hours on it. I assumed because of low use it would be maitinence free...I was wrong.

Today I'm out and after about a half hour the beeper starts going again (I am truly loathing that sound). I look down and see the battery light flashing and code P-0562 being displayed. We turn around and head for home.

I just looked up the code and it is (big surprise) "Battery Voltage Too Low", and a number of possible causes are given. I can't immagine the battery itself is faulty given the hours of use on the boat. I did have a technician over earlier this week too diagnose a faulty intake manifold temp sensor problem and I'm hoping he might have just disrupted some connection somewhere. The call has been made.

What I'm wondering is whether ongoing problems like this are common in these types of boats?

I'd also appreciate any advice that anyone has about the likely problem.

Thanks again.

I would just get used to treating the battery as a normal wear and tear item that needs replacing fairly regularly, I have owned around 5 boats and I think I put new batteries in each and everyone, even though I only owned 1-2 of them for a couple of months. Most on here would probably suggest spending good money on a high end battery and then investing in trickle chargers or similar, I dont know whether its living in Canada and the extreme temperatures we get but it seems to play havoc with the battery life?? Dont forget also that your boat is nearing 4 years old, so even with low hours the battery is getting on in age.

Battery lifetimes are measured in months and years not in hours of use. In fact, that your boat was only used 20 hours in 4 years most likely means it sat around for long periods, not conducive to keeping a battery fully charged and fresh... I have an 06, replaced my battery at 5 years not because it went dead, but because I knew it was time and wanted to control where I could easily change it. (My garage, instead of the middle of a lake) I have had good luck with Interstate brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back