bad trailer light

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flopmeister

Hello,
I have a 97 shorelander trailer and my left brake/turn lite will not work at all. I have tore all the outside parts apart and nothing seems to be getting power back there. I pulled the cable out of the trailer from the lite forward until I found a connector and nothing. It appears to not be getting power. Yet the left side marker is getting power.
Any ideas?
If not, who do I take it to that would know how to fix it?
thanks,
flop

Flop I am a Draw-Tite/ Reese hitch dealer. If I encounter a problem with a short I can't find...I just replace the wire from the front of the plug back...Go to Walmarts and for like $10.00 replace the wire harness on both sides. Just be sure the light assy. are good.

Karl

It sounds like you need to rewire the trailer. It is not hard and does not cost that much but what ever you do DO NOT GO CHEAP on the wiring as you will regret before long. I know from experiance. :cheers:

It sounds like you need to rewire the trailer. It is not hard and does not cost that much but what ever you do DO NOT GO CHEAP on the wiring as you will regret before long. I know from experiance. :cheers. I bought a kit from the flea market the wires were so thin and the plug look like it came out of a bubble gum machine I did not even install it after I opened it up and seen how poor the quality was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rewiring is the answer and I have also found to keep everything running longer unhook the power before backing in the water. Even though the housing are supposed to be water tight I have seen many leak and blow bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back