Another DI question.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmo12

2001 GTX DI I have owned this machine since new. It is well maintained, but lately have had the typical rectifier issues. This will be the 4th one since I've owned it. According to some posts, I'm doing pretty good.
The problem is-the maintenance light is on probably because of the rectifier. I am thinking about buying a Candoo to clear these codes and know if any others are present. In doing some research I'm trying to understand where the pigtail connects to the ski. Does it connect to the key or is there a plug somewhere else?
Is it worth the purchase?
Thanks

When it comes to 4-Techs, Candoo Pro is critical when it comes to diagnostics. With DI motors it is a great bonus as they are somewhat unique. I've used mine very little, but saved me a trip to the dealer and an IBR module,, So as far as I'm concerned, mine is paid for.

When you replace the rectifier, this time run a separate ground wire to the block. They lose their ground and fail,,,

So should the new ground be spliced into the ground at the connector or ground the unit? I forgot how the original was mounted, but the 1st rectifier I replaced had different mounting holes so I just wire tied it to a harness. It's been that way for years.

Also does anyone know where the Candoo hooks up to the machine?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not had one in my hand, I own a 4-tech,,,

But,, I have read a lot on them. I would run the separate ground wire from the metal mounting bolt that connects the rectifier and run it to the block. Just make sure it is nice clean metal where the new ground wire touches the metal of the rectifier..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back