Aftermarket heads

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vbxp94

I have put performance heads on my cars and trucks, but not too sure about a pwc. Is it good to run a performance head on an older mostly stock motor?

Anyone? I found a westcoast performance head for my 657 motor for 125 online. Didnt know if that was a good price and if my doo would see much of a gain from it. Will it effect motor life?

Performance Head

I wouldn't do it. The head will more than likely raise the compression and the rest of the engine may not be able to handle that because of it's age, etc. Two stroke engines are very sensative when it comes to tuning. A little too much of this or not enough of that and bingo...........you got a hole in a piston. The minimum needed to modify a 2 stroke the correct way would involve upgrading the carbs, cylinder head and exhaust. The trick is getting all of these seperate systems to match so you can go faster and your engine will stay together too. There are several companies that make performance kits for 2 stroke engines and if you're gonna change something that's the way to go because they've done the research for you. $$$$$$$$$
Did I mention that I WOULDN"T DO IT? LOL
DAWG

I agree with Dennis, I had a 1996 Kawasaki TS (Tandem Sport) That I bought cheap with a bad top end on it. I had a top end for a 650 mod kit on the shelf, from my race ski efforts, and dumped it on the TS for giggles. I readjusted the carb, different pipe, Advanced the timing a couple degrees back and forth, and after about 5 days of tinkering to get it to run dependably... I converted it back to stock, and it was a happier ski after that. The economy of fuel was about twice as good too. Oh YEA...TS also meant TOW SKI...when the race ski's broke down. lol
Karl

Aftermarket?

Aftermarket anything isn't a good idea on PWC's or boats unless you plan on doing a total mod for racing. If you need to replace a part, I'd recommend that you replace with another OEM part.
There are several companies out there that will sell you a part saying how much more horse power will be gained but the truth is, unless you do a complete rebuild with high performance crank, pistons, heads, carbs, and exhasut, your wasting your time and money. That would be like buying a new cafe racer (crotch rocket) and thinking you can make it faster by changing the chain or fender.

I guess I wasted my money on my the cool fuel lines, bumpers and anchor line! It just won't get any faster...lol

New boat!

Well, now that you got that new Doo, you'll not need all that fancy new stuff for your old boat.....so you can send it to me, address as follows

SenditomeSnipe
123 Seadoo way
Utiopia, Alabama

O.K.,

O.K., then go faster!.....but I wonder if your gonna be able to out run my new 2010 GT turbine. You know, the one with afterburners, capable of a top speed over 100 mph, with drop down hydrofoils!...........:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back