Aftermarket intake grate or hull extenders?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

amp3d

Hey everyone!

I have a 96 xp 787 and am struggling to keep the pump loaded as the lake I running it on is rarely smooth. The porposing is getting quite annoying.

I'm not too concerned about top speed, but have read that the worx performance extended hull things also help with that.

I'm assuming some of you are running both the hull extenders and aftermarket grates, but may I ask which one serves its purpose best?

Trying to figure out which route to go. The grate option is a bit more money, but if it works well I don't mind.

Thanks for your advice!

Do not get the extended ride plate.
You want the small outside trim tabs. They don't have to be Worx.
wr304_worx_hull_extensions_seadoo_xp_spx.jpg
The intake grates really scrub off speed so most people don't use them. But the do increase hook up in really rough water.

Do not get the extended ride plate.
You want the small outside trim tabs. They don't have to be Worx.
View attachment 62900
The intake grates really scrub off speed so most people don't use them. But the do increase hook up in really rough water.
Thank you! I will look into the trim tabs!

Do they affect the vts system at all in the sense that if the vts is trimmed one way or the other the tabs can't do their jobs?

I've never run them, but I think it can't hurt to give them a try!

No, they just push the nose down to reduce porpoising but don.t really improve hookup.
They will cause a little more harsh ride but worth the tradeoff.

Just keep in mind the X4 hull of the 1996 XP really isn't pleasant in rough water or really built for it. If the water is going to be rough I never take my 1996 XP out, I take the 2001 XP.

kind of late,,,,2004 and 2005 800cc LTD champions,,,,
Werx intake grate,,,we gps’d the ski WITHOUT a grate at all,,,,,,on glass flat water,,,lost 70 rpm,,,which with our rpms,,,works out to 1 mph,,,so rough racing white water,,,there will be no loss,,,just better hookup.
The magic bullet to make for huge hookup in white water is our 12 vane pump,,,,huge increase in acceleration,,,
At one time we had tab extenders,,,and one cracked,,,so to pass tech,,,put the old stock ones back on,,,didn’t tell my son,,,he didn’t notice a difference in the handling of the ski,,,and as I write,,,the original seadoo tabs are on.
Of course, we have BAKER hydraulic drop nozzle,,,for very rough water,,and for the hole shot.
man,,,our hands can get sore…keeping the nozzle down at 60 mph in rough white water,

Back