advice on new parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shucky

I've got a gti155se 08, the steering quit working over the wkend guessing cable, now just wondering being that 1 fin of the off power assisted steering is broke as well, being That I'm prolly going to have to take some of the rear end apart to replace the cable how much harder would it be to do the opas fin or would it really be worth it?
cheers

Gotta be a bit more specific with what has failed. Pics would also be a plus.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. More specific details..

Does the steering handle bars turn or not? If they do turn, does anything in the back move? Could be the attachment to the jet and not the cable itself.

The fin on the opas is all external if I remember correctly...not tough at all.

Steering cable replacement isnt all that fun, but an hour or two and you'll have it fixed.

Does the steering handle bars turn or not? If they do turn, does anything in the back move? Could be the attachment to the jet and not the cable itself.

sorry fellas,, been working away the last couple days, the handle bars move I can see the linkages under the front lid move but nothing in the back end is moving with the handle bars, though if I grab the cable towards the back end and move the handle bars I feel movement there but as I say the jet isn't turning, I can move the jet by hand to the left but if I try moving it to the right it's not moving or if/when it does it's almost like something inside the cable is catching. Joe I'm thinking you've hit the nail on its head about being the attachment on the jet, I did have a look to see of anything was out of place or unscrewed and cant find nothing of the sort, but that's where the problem is right at the rear end on the cable that's attached to the right side of the jet.
Once again guys thanks for the rescue.

If a bracket comes loose it allows the cable housing to move. Thus, SOMETHING is moving but not the rear nozzle.

If the cable housing separates it will also do what you are explaining.

Sadly, some tear down is in your future to determine where the issue lies....

Here are some pics I took of the nozzle area this morning, the cable that's showing in pic 3 is the right hand side bit, I can move the nozzle to the right but it will act like it catches on something or( sticks unless jiggle it a bit then it'll move again). No movement on the steering wheel though.
ski nozzle 1.jpgski nozzle 2.jpgski nozzle 3.jpg
I'm back working away again for a day or so on the 16th of jan and wont be back until sometime the next day maybe Saturday..
I'm wondering how hard a hard copy of the shop manual and what the price would be. ? no one here in aust has them on the shelf can order them in but some reason can not or unwilling to give me a price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if they have the exact manual for your ski but give seadoomanuals a google search, free complementary download factory manuals. You definitely want a factory manual for your machine, it's mandatory! :)

I dunno if they have the exact manual for your ski but give seadoomanuals a google search, free complementary download factory manuals. You definitely want a factory manual for your machine, it's mandatory! :)
yeah I'm finding that that the hard way for sure, I've got one from off line but some of the pics are that poke-a-dotted you cant tell nothing by it at all. some is good some is right out rubbish.

yeah I'm finding that that the hard way for sure, I've got one from off line but some of the pics are that poke-a-dotted you cant tell nothing by it at all. some is good some is right out rubbish.

Seems like the later manuals had much better photography than ealrier 90's manuals. Make sure it's a factory BRP manual, those other Seloc manuals are garbage. www dot seadoomanuals dot com has BRP factory manuals those are the one you want, it's the best you'll get, I think.

Also, the parts button up in the top right corner here takes you to exploded view drawings, those are really helpful too. Just navigate to your year and model, then select the section you need, like "steering".

http://seadoowarehouse.com/

What year is your ski, I'll get you a link to the exploded part drawing?

@Costiejoe
I've taken the broken bit of my steering cable out ( see pics below) is the little rod separate from the rest ie does this rob attach to the actual cable by either a screw/sleeve or not? any chance of knowing if I'm going to have to replace the whole cable or just the end rod bit?
steering cable 1.jpgsteering cable 2.jpg
I cant quite make sense out of the pics of the manuals.

@Costiejoe
I've taken the broken bit of my steering cable out ( see pics below) is the little rod separate from the rest ie does this rob attach to the actual cable by either a screw/sleeve or not? any chance of knowing if I'm going to have to replace the whole cable or just the end rod bit?
View attachment 23491View attachment 23492
I cant quite make sense out of the pics of the manuals.

From the picture it looks to me that the inner cable has broken. If that is the case, you will need a new complete assembly. [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] might stock them used.

[MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION]
If U have one can U give me a price please including shipping to Australia if U ship this far out?
Once again Joe U have came to the rescue and my past offer via pm stands matey..cheers
Also when I do get a cable and reinstall it as for getting under the handle bar area I'm guessing I'll have to remove the plastic around the bars which has a mess load of little rivit like screws if that's the case I'll be needing to replace the rivit like screws as well? Don't reckon they'll come off with out breaking.

Sorry bud I dont have anything that new. You'll need to either come in thru the front bin area, or pull out the glove box...I forget whats what on that specific model.

No worries [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION].. Cheers for having a look anyways..once I get sorted I'll post some feed back for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back